The Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) in Management is the doctoral program, and the students start pursuing it after completing the degree. However, the students should complete their undergraduate degree in BBA. Moreover, they should have completed their post-graduation degree. The duration of this program varies from one university to another university. In the USA, the period of this program is around four to five years. In particular, the period of the Ph.D. in Management program is period of three to five years. The one who completes the post-graduation in Ph.D. in Management is getting good job opportunities. Moreover, the salaries are high for them compared to ones who completed their Masters.
Overview of Ph.D. in Management
The students who want to pursue their doctoral program of Ph.D. in Management should have completed the Master of Business Administration Degree or the Master of Commerce. In particular, they should have completed the program from a recognized university. However, these programs are post-graduation programs. The one who chooses Ph.D. in Management mainly aims to become a professor for business-related subjects. However, the students who completed the post-graduation in management are interested to work in business activities.
Many universities are providing this program, and in some universities, the students are getting good placements and packages. Moreover, the interest of students increased towards a business career with the development of the business sector. However, there are some of the best universities abroad, and it provides high-quality education for Ph.D. in Management. Moreover, there are top universities in India that provide this program.
This course mainly consists of research activities. Moreover, the students have to do a good amount of research work based on the subject. The students have to do research related to business organizations, and also they have to work on business activities. The students need to submit many research papers while pursuing a Ph.D. in Management. Moreover, the faculty considers their research papers’ quality and their work. The work of students in the research work should be extensively related to their topic. Then after considering all this, the faculty award marks to the students.
Eligibility to join Ph.D. in Management
- The student should have done under graduation and should have passed.
- The student should be post-graduate in Master of Business Administration(MBA) or Master of Commerce(M.Com).
- However, the students can also pursue without completing post-graduation.
- In particular, a minimum of 50% marks are required in their post-graduation to join Ph.D. in Management abroad.
- In India, a minimum of 60%marks are required in their post-graduation to join Ph.D. in Management.
- The percentage of marks to join the Ph.D. in management varies from one university to another university.
- Moreover, there will be a difference in the admission process between the universities in India and Universities abroad.
- In some universities, students get admission through entrance exams. However, in other universities students get admission to do a Ph.D. in Management without attempting any entrance exams.
- In some of the universities, they offer integrated courses. Moreover, other universities, provide regular courses.
- Moreover, the students can get into top universities abroad after attempting entrance exams such as Gre, GMAT, etc.
- In India, students can get into top universities after attempting entrance exams such as GATE, NET, DST, CSIR, etc.
- In particular, they have to provide the scorecard of their graduation and post-graduation to the university.
- However, there are some other requirements they need to fulfill to join Ph.D. in Management.
- The students who are interested to join this program should have unique skills to understand the concept of management.
- Moreover, they should have the capability of understanding comprehensive theories. In particular, this skill is needed for the students.
- Students need to have good communication skills because it is necessary for everyone in any sector.
- The students who pursue a Ph.D. in Management should have a lot of interest in doing research work.
- Moreover, in this program, there is a lot of research work given to students, and they are also assessed based on their research work.
- These activities increase their skills and they also understand how business works and also its operations. In this process, they develop their academic performance.
Jobs after Ph.D. in Management
After students complete the post-graduation. In Management there are finding a lot of job opportunities in the education sector as well as in the business sector. Many students find good opportunities after the doctoral program. However, they are finding more job opportunities after Master of Business Administration. They are getting a high amount salary after they complete a Ph.D. in Management.
These are some of the jobs that students choose mostly:
- Professor in the University: The primary work of the professor is to teach the students. Mainly, the management should discuss the concepts comprehensively according to the student’s understanding.
- Strategic Manager: They work mainly on making the strategies for the company to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Policy Analyst: The work of the policy analyst is to identify the problems of the company. Moreover, they should find solutions for solving the problem of the company.
- Human Resources Manager: Mainly, the work of the human resources manager is to do the planning, coordinating, and directing to achieve the goals of an organization. However, they focus on recruiting employees.
- Quantitative Analyst: They make decisions regarding the finance of the company. Mainly, they are related to finance-related works because they should use quantitative methods to make decisions related to finance.
- Business Development Manager: Their work of them is to improve sales, leads and also to generate income for the company by developing the business.
- Chief Executive Officer: The work of the Chief Executive Officer is to motivate and lead the company members to achieve the goals of an organization. They take important decisions related to the company in the business.
- Consultant (Management): They work with the company to solve the problems with the clients. In particular, they find the problems in the company and solve them to develop the organization.
- Market Research Analyst: They should analyze the data of the company in the business. Moreover, they should do research and understand the position of the company in the market.
- Sales Manager: The work of the sales manager is recruiting the candidates for doing the sales. Moreover, they give training to them to get leads.