Knowledge and education are the two pillars for students. Teachers are the people who give us both knowledge and education. They are called the role models of society. They change the life of the students and are the mentors of one’s life. The relationship between the teacher and a student is unique. Teachers are the people who provide proper guidance and changes the weakness of a student into strengths. The demand for teachers also increases day by day. So many private and government exams are held for the position of teacher. These exams are- TET, CTET, SLET, NET, CSIR, PGT, TGT, and many more. The eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application forms for the CTET exam are different.
All about CTET
The teacher is known for their patience, understanding, for their passion for learning and students. A teacher can improve a student by all means if he wants to. The teachings of a teacher are not only limited to the subjects but also to the personal life of the students. A good teacher is also a part of the student’s personal life and helps them in all means. The eligibility criteria for the CTET, application form for CTET, exam pattern for CTET, all are different.
About the CTET exams
The full form of CTET is Central Teaching Eligibility Test, which is held by CBSE. CBSE is said to the public as well as private board and is held under Union of Government. Not only CBSE but, ICSE also conducts some of these exams. Mostly, the private schools are CBSE affiliated and the CBSE board conducts the paper for both private and public institutes. CTET takes place twice a year.
The main purpose of the exam is to provide quality and qualified teachers to society which can bring a change in society. After clearing the CTET exam, many government teaching jobs are available like- KVS, ERDO, NVS Army Teacher, and even many more. Apart from these, many private schools are also attached to these exams, and candidates also get hired on these seats. This year it’s the 15th edition of the exam. CBSE every year makes model question papers.
Most of the students access these papers for the CTET exams. This year these exams are computer-based exams. A list of CTET exam centers is provided and these study materials are provided free of cost for these CTET exams. These papers are available in online mode as well. Students can practice these papers and get themselves ready. The time duration of these exams is 150 minutes. Last year in 2021, more than 24 lakhs students applied for these exams.
Eligibility criteria for CTET exam 2022
The eligibility criteria for the different types of exams are different. The criteria for the CTET exam are-
- The student must have passed class 5th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The student should pass class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidate must pass B.Ed first year with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The minimum age for the CTET exam is 18 years.
- The candidates must have a caste certificate ( if not general).
- Candidates should complete their training under the prescribed institutions.
These are the eligibility criteria for the CTET exams. These are the requirements for the CTET exams, that a candidate should undergo while going for this exam.
CTET application form 2022
To fill the application form for CTET, follow these steps-
- Always, keep yourselves updated about the CTET exam.
- Open the application form. Before start filling the form, read the instructions carefully.
- Fill in the details correctly.
- Attach the required documents.
- Attach the caste certificate (not for general).
- Pay the registration fees for the CTET exam.
- Download or print the filled application form.
Admit card CTET 2022
To download the admit card, follow these steps-
- Visit the official website of CTET
- Fill in the details in the application form.
- Click on the link given for the admit card.
- Fill in the application number.
- Fill in the password and log in to your account.
- Download the admit card.
Exam pattern for CTET 2022
The exam pattern for CTET is different as there are two types of paper in this exam. The ongoing exam pattern of CTET is-
The first exam contains 150 multiple-choice questions. The time limit given to the candidates is two and a half hours. The subjects covered in the paper I are-
- Child development
- Language I
- Language II
- Environmental studies
There are 30 questions in each section and each question carries one mark.
The second exam contains four sections. The candidates have to choose between Mathematics and Social Science subjects. The subjects covered are-
- Child development
- Language I
- Language II
- Mathematics or Science
- Social Science
There is a total of 150 questions. In which there are 30 questions of pedagogy, language I, Language II, Mathematics and the last section. Social Science contains 60 questions. There is no deduction on the wrong answer.
Tips for the CTET exams 2022
These are the tips for the exams for the students who have applied for this exam. These tips are as follows-
- NCERT books should be the first preference.
- Keep revising the NCERT books from time to time.
- Practice the mock test as much as possible.
- The candidate should practice the previous year’s question paper as much as possible.
- Practice more and more questions on Pedagogy.
- The student should have more and more amount of practical knowledge.
- There is no negative marking in this exam. So, try to attempt all the questions.
- Keep revising all the subjects from time to time.
Selections for 2022
The selection process for this exam is as follows-
- Candidates are selected on the criteria of written exams.
- The selected students must get above 60%.
- The student must lie in the eligibility criteria of the CTET exam.
- The candidate must show their results to the different schools and apply for different posts.
Apart from these, there are many more exams like- TET, SLET, NET, PGT, TGT, and many more. The job salary for these posts varies according to the vacancies. The salary varies from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 3,00,000 and even more.