What is B.Com Taxation?
Tax is a compulsory financial charge that is levied on individuals by the Government of India. Taxation is used primarily to increase the revenue of the government. Likewise, the study of B.Com Taxation means studying commerce/market with taxation. Meaning, studying the market with how markets operate.
Having a B.Com (Taxation and Finance) provides a strong base for students who intend to take up professional courses such as CA, CS, and ICWA. It also prepares students for a variety of positions in the area of tax consultancy. Graduates of a B.Com degree are prepared for a variety of careers in the business world while developing their managerial skills and core competencies.
This course will teach students about taxation and bookkeeping, as well as overseeing monetary arrangements. Taxation, accounting, and finance are the main subjects on B.com (taxation). The financial sector is mainly concerned with these subjects.
Is this specialization tough?
B.Com in taxation is not tough. Subjects seem to become easy if you’ll read the books. Taxation in law also is only about reading, understanding, and interpreting the law, and B.Com. in taxation is nothing more relating taxation in business. To understand that you should have a clear understanding of the subjects taught in the B.Com. Subjects included in the course are financial accounting, Business Economics, Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting, etc.
- List of Top Ranking BBA colleges in Delhi-NCR of 2022
- Reasons why Top Finance Colleges In Bangalore are Popular
- 7 Things You Can Learn From Studying Social Science Majors
Why study B.Com taxation?
A student should opt for a B.Com in Taxation course because:
- A Bachelor’s degree in taxation can lead to a successful career in the field of taxation.
- In order to develop a company’s strategies, students who wish to become tax consultants should enroll in this course.
- To open up more opportunities, students will learn management and quantitative skills.
- Your career options include marketing, foreign trade, public accounting, etc.
In addition to B. Com in Taxation, there are master’s degrees in taxation, such as MBA, M.Com, CA, CS, CFA, BAT, CMA, and actuarial science. Certified public accountant (CPA) in the U.S.
Among the companies that hire candidates are Claridges, L & T InfoTech, Google, Amazon, Newgen, Flipkart, Adobe, Snapdeal, Reliance, Just Dial, Apollo, HP, Dell, etc. Likewise, schools, colleges, universities, sales departments, income tax departments, airports, banks, and the like are among the employment areas.
There are various job opportunities available for candidates like chartered accountants, financial risk managers, tax consultants, tax specialists, tax compliance managers, cost estimators, lecturers, stockbrokers, financial analysts, actuaries, etc.
Top Colleges for B.Com taxation:
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Bhopal
- St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam
- CH Institute of Management & Commerce, Indore